Monday, November 08, 2010

Royal Parks Half

Continuing with the slow posts...

On 10/10/10 the Royal Parks Foundation held a half marathon around London passing through four of the Royal Parks.

Through some error, I ended up with an orange bib, which meant that I was supposed to start up the front. I got as far back as I could - there was a fence between the second and third groups - and tried to keep out of peoples way. Having said that, I was rather annoyed with three guys who had pushed passed me whilst waiting for the race to start, not 500m after the start, I ran passed them as they were walking in the middle of the road...

The race was pretty well run, plenty of drinks stations with bottles of water and Lucozade. Big crowd and awesome weather made for a great run. I finished with a time of 2:09, so a reasonable improvement on the 2:17 earlier in the year. So was rather pleased with myself :)

No comments: